Clients: All of UK, Poland, and Worldwide
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
College of Occupational Therapy - Full Membership BT0235141
Health Professions Council Registration - OT50253
British Association of Brain Injury Case Management
Back Care Professional Member
National Back Exchange Professional Member
Post Graduate Diploma in Occupational Therapy, London South Bank University. 2006.
Polish Language Course, Wroclaw University, Poland. 1999
BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science, London South Bank University. 1996.
Professional Member of Post Supra Nuclear Palsy Foundation as a treating Occupational Therapist since 2008.
I qualified as an Occupational Therapist in 2006. I have worked with both adults and children with highly complex physical disabilities and physical health needs.
From 2006 to 2010, I worked in both NHS and Adult Social Care community teams in the Luton and Dunstable area.
In 2010 I moved into independent practice completing assessments for aids and equipment on behalf of the Royal British Legion and during this time I worked as a Locum Occupational Therapist in Dunstable, Oxford, and St Albans.
Since 2011 I have worked as an Expert Witness for Maggie Sargent & Associates and as a Case Manager for Community Case Management Services. Since 2011 I have written over 130 expert reports for the Court on both adults and children with complex disability or illness, as a result of incidents in the work place or public roads, manual handling, and clinical negligence.
The types of injuries I have experience in providing Occupational therapy reports include; acquired Head and Spinal Cord injuries, Caudia Equina, Amputees, Cerebral Palsy, Brachial Plexus, Orthopaedic injuries to the upper limbs, hands, lower limbs, and hip replacements, elderly patients, strokes, chronic pain, mental health and nutritional conditions.
I also have experience of preparing reports for very rare conditions such as Maple Syrup Urine Disease, and Leopard Syndrome in complex paediatric cases.
I have also completed a number of specialist Occupational Therapy reports in relation to DePuy ASR hip failure and subsequent arbitration tribunals.
I have extensive experience of assessing for bespoke equipment including wheelchairs and scooters. I have specialist experience in Manual Handling and have prepared reports specifically on manually handling issues including complex Paediatric cases with complex manual handling needs. In addition to Occupational Therapy reports I also prepare expert Care reports for all Orthopaedic injuries.
I see clients all over the UK and Poland and I speak fluent English and Polish.
I have attended conference with Counsel on numerous occasions and I have prepared joint statements. I have undergone training in the medico legal process and I am fully aware of my responsibilities under the Civil procedure Rules pertaining to expert witnesses.
Since 2011, in addition to my expert witness role I also work as a treating Occupational Therapist assessing, reviewing and preparing reports supporting client-centred treatment goals and plans on behalf of Community Case Management Services. My experience and knowledge of the Polish language has enabled me to work as a Case Manager and a treating Occupational Therapist for Polish clients living in Poland and United Kingdom. I lived in Poland for two years managing and supporting an individual with rehabilitation needs.
In my case management role I deal with the following:
* Assessing and completing specialist Occupational Therapy reports supporting individual claims post acquired brain or spinal injury as well as cerebral palsy.
* Recruiting suitable staff to work with adults and children;
* Appointing treating therapists;
* Goal-setting for the rehabilitation progress;
* Management of complex case reviews and intervention on a regular basis;
* Responsibility for monitoring standards and working closely with care agencies;
* Training: Ensuring staff is adequately trained to provide appropriate care and support;
* Management of complaints according to policy;
* Liaising with families, completing carers' assessments and providing support and problem living;
* Instigating safeguarding procedures, organising strategy meetings/case conferences;
* Successfully organising multidisciplinary team - decision support tool for continuing health eligibility, submitting applications to PCT including costings, care package care plans for health funding;
* Management of case transfers liaising with the learning disability team to ensure smooth transition from children's services to adults working cohesively with colleagues;
* To support clients that are returning to work, assessing goals and client needs;
* Provide duty cover; respond to emergencies, duty assessments and safeguarding issues.
* Translating and assisting in communications with Polish clients and service providers.
* Liaising with equipment providers in Poland.