Clients: UK and Worldwide
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
* BSc (Hons) Professional Practice
* BSc/Dip Adult Nursing with Distinction
* NVQ 2 Care
* NVQ3 Care
* Certificate of Counselling Theory
* Certificate of Counselling Practice
* Bond Solon excellence in report writing
* Expert training in report writing and giving evidence
* Royal College of Nursing - full membership
* BABICM - full membership
* Freeman of The Guild of Nurses
I am a Registered Adult Nurse with 15 years clinical experience. I have worked across a range of different nursing disciplines spanning from a major accident and emergency department through to palliative care. These have been in both hospital and clinic settings to community emergency response.
I provide expert witness reports for Care and Occupational therapy and Liability nursing care reports. I am also a Specialist Brain and Spinal injury case manager. I have undergone expert witness training. I have given evidence in court and have attended numerous case conferences with Counsel. I have prepared reports following joint discussion and I am aware of my responsibilities under the Civil procedure Rules pertaining to expert witnesses.
Care and Occupational Therapy reports include amputees, palliative care, brain injury, and orthopaedic injuries. Liability nursing reports include falls and care involving the elderly, wounds and pressure sores, catheter care, accident and emergency care, general medical nursing and surgical care, medication, theatre recovery, infection control, cannulation and venipuncture, sexual health and community nursing.
I am experienced in caring for patients and clients in hospitals, communities including nursing homes, and clinics. In addition to my role as expert witness and case manager I continue to cover shifts within the hospital and community setting to retain my skills, knowledge and keep up to date with research and evidence based practice. I am experienced in acute medicine including cardiology, and have worked extensively with occupational therapy and physiotherapy within the community. I am a nurse mentor for student nurses and have been a marker for students studying NVQ 2 and 3 in palliative care.
As an emergency response community nurse in the Warwickshire area, I facilitated care plans for a range of disabilities, illness and wounds. Typical care plans may cover spinal injuries, multiple sclerosis, parkinson's disease, dementia, brain injury, elderly care terminal illnesses, end of life care, diabetes and wound dressings. Of particular importance is the community based rehabilitation for post operative patients within their own home.
I have also worked as a dialysis a nurse providing specialist outpatient dialysis within a satellite clinical setting.
I now work as a specialist brain and spinal injury assistant case manager.
Prior to moving to the independent sector in 2014 I worked in a role that focused on emergency care within the community, this included administering intravenous medication. This was often at a one to one level incorporating and implementing care plans.
* Spinal injuries all levels
* Traumatic Brain injury to include Walking Wounded / High Level Physical Functional Difficulties / Cognitive difficulties / Vegetative state / Minimal Awareness
* Cerebral Palsy
* Respiratory diseases / Mesothelioma / COPD / Pulmonary Embolism /Carcinoma
* Tracheostomy / Ventilated clients
* Learning disabilities
* Elderly care to include Dementia
* Palliative Care
* Orthopaedic Injuries
* Complex compartmental syndrome
I am a Registered Nurse and Family Planning Practitioner with 15 years Clinical experience. My experience includes being able to undertake abdominal and vaginal ultrasound scanning in early pregnancy and consultations for the termination of pregnancy and I am trained to prescribe, fit and remove of contraceptive implants under local anaesthetic as a nurse practitioner.
Continued professional development includes but not limited to:
* Mentoring and assessing in healthcare
* Leadership and Management
* Safeguarding vulnerable adults and children
* Medicines management for community nurses
* Acute pain
* Safe administration of insulin and blood glucose monitoring
* Tissue viability
* CPR and 12 lead electrocardiograms
* Male and female suprapubic catheter care
* Continence promotion
* Public health
* Contraception and sexual health
* Implant supply and fit
* Abdominal and transvaginal ultrasound scanning